Saturday, June 22, 2013

New building technology

I just read this link on roman architecture; they have discovered how to replicate this Eco-friendly well-maintainable cement from volcanic ash and lime juice in salt water. I paraphrase poorly.

I think this is very fascinating; I think a lot of health problems relate to being in societies cage.
I think our species is growing -- but being confined to these 8 feet ceilings (both in dreams and buildings).  I think with this understanding of better technology we will be able to rebuild our cities to be better and faster than ever before... This seems like  huge step towards that:)


Here's the link;)
http://mobile.businessweek.com/articles/2013-06-14/ancient-roman-concrete-is-about-to-revolutionize-modern-architecture#r=hpt-ls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts..